Monday, April 16, 2007

Katinha NEWS!!!

Hi Everyone!

So, here am I, in Paris, already accomodated in my own place and with a room mate, already working at my internship and already missing my friends and family (that's good for learning how important they are).
I've been very very lucky since I got here, for most of the things worked out perfectly and I'm managing to solve all problems without too many shortcomings. In Paris it's usually very difficult to find accomodation, but I found it even before getting here, with the help of a Canadian and Japanese girl who will be part of the next MC term here in france. Here they have this google group of trainees in Paris, and it was through it that I met my current room mate, Maria, a very nice mexican girl. Actually, I got to really meet her on the same day I saw our apartment, hehehehe... But luckly we're getting along very well, she uses to say that she has "adopted" me, and she really cares a lot about me, thank God. :) I usually say we take care of each other, hehe. Our apartment is really nice, it has 2 bedrooms, a small kitchen and a living room. That amount of space is really rare here in Paris, usually people pay the same amount we're paying (each) for living in a 10 square-meters bedroom with a stove on the corner, a shower and a toilet outside for sharing with other people, besides paying for their internet access or gas and eletricity. We were very lucky to find this palce, which is in a nice neighborhood, very close to a metro station and, by the way, our landlord also works at Alcatel-lucent, the company where I'm taking my internship. :)

Well, my work place is also amazing, I work in the headquarters, so everything is beautiful here. There are looooooots of trainees, we have lunch together every day. I've been here for 2 weeks so far, but I still didn't really get in touch with everything I'm actually supposed to do because my boss had to travel. :P But that's okay, I'm learning other things with people here.

[Katinha Dans Champs Elysee]

On the weekends I'm trying to visit the several touristic atractions in Paris, there are soooo many things to do here, it'll take me some time to visit everything. Last weekend it was very sunny and I went out for a picnic in a nice park close to a Castle, it was really nice. In the previous weekend I went to Champs-elysees, La Tour Eiffel and the Opera, it was really nice. About french people: they're reeeeaaally bad drivers! And they don't stinck that much, hehehe.

Grands bisous!
Au revoir!

Katinha. ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SALUT DE FRANCE PARIS CES TOUJOURS PARIS RAINE DU MONDE PARIS CES UNE GIOCONE NOTRE DAME DE PARIS LA TOUR EIFFEL LE SACRE COEUR LA PLACE DU TERTRES MONTMATRES PIGALE LE LOUVRES LA PIRAMIDE LA SEINE LE CHATEAU DE LOUIS XIV VERSAILLES MOIS JE VIE EN PREVENCE AU PAYES DES CIGALES LA COTES D AZUR SALUT UN ITALIANO IN FRANCIA